Before anything else. I want to say a BIG thank you for waiting so patiently for us to reopen. The team and I have been spending the lockdown time to work on improving our experience for you. We are so excited in getting back to doing what we love best and cannot wait to see you again and transform your lock down hair.
The first thing you will notice when you arrive is the salon has had a complete makeover which is more in line with our evolving organic and natural ethics. We have also introduced and will be phasing in a brand new salon experience, OWAY, whose goal is to promote a healthy and positive lifestyle that they like to call the Organic Way of Life. It compliments us so nicely!
Ultimately, we understand how important it is for you to want to have your hair done and we are doing everything possible for us to work safely and support our employees and all clients’ health and wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic and not contribute to the spread of the virus. Should anyone not adhere to these guidelines we have every right to cancel your services.
Below are the following guidelines, requests and changes to the normal salon experience and we ask you to read and understand these before arrive for your appointment.
DO NOT SHOW FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE ANY OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, HOWEVER MILD.
IF YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19 IN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
HAVE FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS
A HIGH TEMPERATURE,
A NEW PERSISTENT COUGH
OR A LOSS OF SMELL OR TASTE.
Please call THE SALON 0208 940 6464 TO SPEAK WITH ONE OF OUR TEAM.
If any of our team feel unwell they are to stay at home and will not be arriving for work.
It may be necessary to reschedule your appointment if we cannot accommodate you with another stylist at the same time.
- It is normal practice for us to ask for your contact details when making an appointment. It is now the requirement for the NHS track and trace service to do this if we haven’t already. Your details will only be used for salon purposes and will not be passed to any third party or for marketing purposes unless you have opted into this service. If we do not have all relevant information, and you haven’t been asked for already, you may receive a link to update your details on our system to minimise contact in the salon.
- We recommend you avoid using public transport where possible and travel by bike, foot or car.
- Please attend your appointment alone, unless you require a carer or guide. Please call the salon to advise us of this to enable us to take the necessary steps to continue the practice of social distancing rules.
- We are only able to offer a designated waiting area for clients within booked appointments times.
- We will be taking every reasonable effort to comply with the social distancing guidelines set out by the government
- Directly in front of our entrance, it is possible the queue for Waitrose will cross in front. Markings for Sheen Salon will be in place on the pavement outside to keep our entry/exit clear to enable social distancing guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser will be supplied and we require you to use it and use the handwashing facilities in the toilets at the rear of the premises before your services begin.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment and please using social distancing guidelines enter the salon as normal and wait at the reception area until greeted and shown to your designated zone/seat.
- The facility to store shopping bags and coats is not available. We recommend not wearing a coat or unnecessary clothing and please keep shopping bags to a minimum of one per person. If you do wear a coat or extra clothing we recommend you bring a bag to keep your belongings in to protect from any salon spillages. Maximum one handbag and one shopping bag per client, please.
- We will be promoting and increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning in the salon. All touchpoints, to include all surfaces, stylists sections, toilets, tools and equipment.
- Please note cash will no longer be accepted for any services or retail purchases. From immediate effect, Sheen Salon only accepts payment by debit, credit card or Apple Pay. Tips cannot be added to the bill and must be paid directly to your stylist. During these times, we recommend tips are given in an envelope and handed to your stylist directly. Sheen Salon is not responsible for the handling of any tips.
- Refreshments will not be provided at your appointment. Please bring your own, and we ask you to be mindful of single-use plastic.
- Magazines, brochures or appointment cards will not be available. You are welcome to bring your own.
- We ask that any conversations are kept to a minimum to reduce the risk of passing the virus, and the music levels will be kept low so as not to produce and increase more droplets.
- Clearly, when providing close contact services, it often may not be possible to maintain social distancing guidelines and as a result, additional personal protective equipment in the form of a visor will be worn by all members of our team. The visor covers the face and provides a barrier between the stylist and the client from respiratory droplets caused by sneezing, coughing or speaking.
- It is a requirement for a face mask or covering to be worn as of Saturday 8th August by ALL clients and visitors. We recommend disposable for a full scalp colour application such as tints and glossings. Disposable face masks will be available on your arrival. With this, we have made the decision for it to be a requirement for all of our team to wear a mask in addition to the mandatory visors for further protection. (please note it is not mandatory for our team to do so)
Please follow these guidelines when wearing a face mask.
- wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and before and after removing it
- when wearing a face covering, avoid touching your face or face covering, as you could contaminate them with germs from your hands
- change your face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it
- continue to wash your hands regularly
- change and wash your face covering daily
- if the material is washable, wash in line with manufacturer’s instructions. If it’s not washable, dispose of it carefully in your usual waste
- practise social distancing wherever possible
- The size of our salon allows us to work well with social distancing guidelines, however, there are hotspots we need to consider and these areas will be marked out on the floors and around the salon. Please ask a team member for further instructions.
- Please note when our team are wearing visors, screens will not provide additional protection between the stylist and client and Sheen Salon does not require the need for additional screening.
- Disposable gowns, towels, gloves, and aprons will be provided to carry out all hair services.
- Your stylist will be using back-to-back or side-to-side working (rather than face-to-face) whenever possible.
- You will be designated a specific working zone to your stylist and ask you to stay within the area unless instructed by a team member.
- We remind clients who are accompanied by children that they are responsible for supervising them at all times and should follow social distancing guidelines. Please check with us before bringing them so that we are able to provide a waiting area.
- Appointment times will be staggered, and we ask you to turn up on time and wait/queue for a team member to greet you and guide you to your service zone. Please follow social distancing guidelines at all times.
- At busy times we will be operating an appointment-only system.
- The salon will be kept well ventilated, with doors being kept open where possible.
- Appointments times and allow for frequent cleaning of work areas and equipment between uses, using our usual sanitising cleaning products.
Sheen Salon thanks you for taking the time to read, understand and support the guidelines when visiting us. Together this all helps contribute to the safety and wellbeing of everyone concerned. We don’t know how long this situation will last, but the more we can do to support and practise the guidelines it reduces the risk of another lockdown and minimises any further interruptions to our business and its services.
We look forward to welcoming you very soon.
Michelle and Sheen Team.